Welp, it looks like the days of long sun, warm weather, and shorts have come to an end. With the hit of fall earlier this week, we have also been hit with rain. Portland knows what fall means and it was ready for it.
At the beginning of summer, I made a list of things I wanted to do this summer. My summer was a little different than I expected it to be. I was laid off in June which really threw me into a wack and a lot of my plans changed. It gave me more time to spend with my family back in Nevada and I was able to spend time with visiting friends and family. Overall it was a wonderful summer and I am sad to see it go.
Here is the start to my list. I’m sure I will be adding way more to it:
All the beer fests – While we were out of town for the big, we made it to a couple other beer fests around town
– Hike Silver Falls – Still on the list
– Hike through the Lava Tubes – I sent my parents up to do this hike but I did not make it there this year.
– Bike brewery tour – Going to have to push this one to next summer
– Edgewood summer concert
-Oneonta Goege Hike – We saw this falls but never actually hiked to it. We ended up doing a few other falls in the area and hiked above this one. Adding it to the list for next summer
– Spend the day at Hagg Lake
– Pick berries – We picked blackberries a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun! I made a delicious blackberry crisp. Next year I want to get raspberries and strawberries.
Go kayaking – We got to use my parent’s blow-up kayak which was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the wind made it very difficult so we didn’t stay out long.
– Go stand-up paddle boarding – I had a paddle board booked at Tahoe when I was home but we were evacuated out of the house so we had to cancel the trip to Tahoe.
– Go scuba diving at least twice – Never made it in the water.
– BBQ in our courtyard and invite the neighbors – We didn’t invite neighbors but we did have a dinner party/BBQ – Host a dinner party
– Go to the Oregon zoo – Still need to do this…
– Take another trip to the coast. We went to Cannon beach in the spring and I want to go back! Maybe a different beach this time – We camped for the weekend on the coast with my parent at at Nehalem State Park. They were in the middle of a California/Oregon trip so we met them for the weekend.
– Visit Meredith in Vancouver, BC – We have been talking about this for a year now and still haven’t made it up. Sorry Meredith and Gurpy!
– Bike often – Since this is a little vague I am going to go ahead and check that off the list. – Visit family – this one I did! I spent two weeks in Nevada. We spent a day at Tahoe and a lot of time at my grandparent’s cabin near Yosemite.
Unfortunately we were evacuated out of the house at 2am while I was home. That was a little scary! But we had a person firetruck and crew watching our house so that was reassuring.
We did a lot of things this summer that were not on the list.
We took advantage of the warm weather and had delicious margaritas on all the patios.
We went camping near Mt. Hood and hiked a small part of the Pacific Crest Trail.
My long-time family friend Jamie and her boyfriend Lucas stopped by on their west coast road trip.
We went to Seattle to go to the Experience Music Project and explore Seattle a little bit more.
My beautiful, amazing college roommate got married so we got to celebrate at her bachelorette party and her wedding!
My cousin Kelli came to visit! We did tons of Portland exploring.
My old roommate from Reno, Shelby, stopped by on her cross country road trip. We spent the day on the Columbia on a sail boat.
Writing this post makes me a little nostalgic for summer already. But I am excited for fall and all the fun activities it brings. What’s on your must do list for fall?
Leave a Reply