Everyone says Portland is magical in the summer. Everyone who has been hibernating all year comes out of their homes to enjoy the sun. Events are already sprouting up all over the city and I am excited to experience them all.
This will be my first true Oregon summer. When I was going to school in Eugene, I never stayed for a summer. All my high school friends were back in Carson City and I wanted to see them. Plus Tahoe. It’s hard to stay away from that beautiful lake. The one summer I was not home, I spent in NYC interning at an ad agency. We moved here in August so I got a small taste of the summer but not enough.
Whenever summer comes around I get a little anxious. I worry that its going to go to quickly and I am going to miss out on fun events. To help with this feeling I am creating a list of everythig I want to do. That way I can keep track of everything going on and look back on all the cool things I did this summer.
Here is the start to my list. I’m sure I will be adding way more to it:
– All the beer fests
– Hike Silver Falls
– Hike through the Lava Tubes
– Bike brewery tour
– Edgewood summer concert
-Oneonta Goege Hike
– Visit Bend
– Spend the day at Hagg Lake
– Pick berries
– Go kayaking
– Go stand-up paddle boarding
– Go scuba diving at least twice
– BBQ in our courtyard and invite the neighbors
– Host a dinner party
– Go to the Oregon zoo
– Take another trip to the coast. We went to Cannon beach in the spring and I want to go back! Maybe a different beach this time
– Visit Meredith in Vancouver, BC
– Bike often
Anything you think I am missing? I am always looking for recommendations!