Even though summer does not officially start until June 21st, Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer. It’s the starting line for the patios, the camping, the BBQs and days in the sun. It’s time to start making my summer must-do list. We have had a beautiful spring here in Portland with lots of sunny days. It’s been unusual but we have actually had full weeks of 80+ weather. If that is a sign for summer, it’s going to be a warm one! I certainly do not mind the hot sunny days. But I can’t say the same for most of Portland. Portland and the people of Portland are partial to the mild summers and mild winters. Find the best camping tents for sale on this website along with other important equipment.
Since summer is unofficially starting, it’s time for a Summer must-do list! I wrote a Summer Must-Do List in 2014 and reviewed that list at the end but I didn’t do it last year. It’s time to start day-dreaming about the sun. It’s time to start making plans before my calendar fills up.
Here is the start to my list:
– All the beer fests – This won’t be hard. There is seriously one every single weekend.
– Hike to lots of waterfalls
– Camping trip with my parents. – for the past two years, we camped with my parents for the weekend. I am loving the tradition and already have this weekend on the calendar. Location TBD.
– Camping trip with friends
– Outdoor rock climbing – Cody and I have been climbing a bit this spring but have not gone outdoors. This summer it’s happening.
– Edgefield summer concert – Still on my list… Still need to do this.
– Oneonta Gorge Hike – We tried to do this one last year and took the wrong trail and hiked right about the falls. This year it’s on.
– Pick berries
– Go kayaking
– Go stand-up paddle boarding
– Go scuba diving
– Enjoy all the patios
– Sunday Parkways – We made it to the very last one last year and it was a blast! They have a set bike route where they close the roads and set up food and vendors along the way. Plus we passed a couple garage bands that were out playing for bonus entertainment.
– Wedding and a long weekend in San Luis Obispo – my cousin is getting married in June and we are spending 4 days in SLO with my family. I’m looking forward to it. A weekend with my whole family will be amazing.
– Bumbershoot in Seatle – Super psyched for this one. It will be a great way to end the summer.
What do you have planned for the summer? Anything I need to add to this list?