Even though summer does not officially start until June 21st, Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer. It’s the starting line for the patios, the camping, the BBQs and days in the sun. It’s time to start making my summer must-do list. We have had a beautiful spring here in Portland with lots of sunny days. It’s been unusual but we have actually had full weeks of 80+ weather. If that is a sign for summer, it’s going to be a warm one! I certainly do not mind the hot sunny days. But I can’t say the same for most of Portland. Portland and the people of Portland are partial to the mild summers and mild winters. Find the best camping tents for sale on this website along with other important equipment.
Since summer is unofficially starting, it’s time for a Summer must-do list! I wrote a Summer Must-Do List in 2014 and reviewed that list at the end but I didn’t do it last year. It’s time to start day-dreaming about the sun. It’s time to start making plans before my calendar fills up.
Here is the start to my list:
– All the beer fests – This won’t be hard. There is seriously one every single weekend.
– Hike to lots of waterfalls
– Camping trip with my parents. – for the past two years, we camped with my parents for the weekend. I am loving the tradition and already have this weekend on the calendar. Location TBD.
– Camping trip with friends
– Outdoor rock climbing – Cody and I have been climbing a bit this spring but have not gone outdoors. This summer it’s happening.
– Edgefield summer concert – Still on my list… Still need to do this.
– Oneonta Gorge Hike – We tried to do this one last year and took the wrong trail and hiked right about the falls. This year it’s on.
– Pick berries
– Go kayaking
– Go stand-up paddle boarding
– Go scuba diving
– Enjoy all the patios
– Sunday Parkways – We made it to the very last one last year and it was a blast! They have a set bike route where they close the roads and set up food and vendors along the way. Plus we passed a couple garage bands that were out playing for bonus entertainment.
– Wedding and a long weekend in San Luis Obispo – my cousin is getting married in June and we are spending 4 days in SLO with my family. I’m looking forward to it. A weekend with my whole family will be amazing.
– Bumbershoot in Seatle – Super psyched for this one. It will be a great way to end the summer.
What do you have planned for the summer? Anything I need to add to this list?
Catherine @ Ten Thousand Hour Mama says
Stand up paddle boarding is on my summer list! I need to make a date and just do it. I’ve always wanted to! Maybe we’ll see each other on the river. 😉
I have only tried it once and it was super fun! See you out there
Denay DeGuzman says
Woo-hoo! I love your must-do list. You are all set for a fantastic summer. Enjoy life to the fullest!
I want to steal your summer to do list. It sounds fantastic! For us, it is just spending quality time with the kids. Taking them camping is really our one item that we ‘must’ do this summer.
Steal it. It’s alls yours!
Camping with little ones will be so fun!
Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins says
How fun! Sounds like you’ve got a full summer ahead of you.
Elaine McKellips says
It sounds like you have a wonderful summer ahead! I even have some of your must-do’s on my list as well. Nothing like sunshine and the summertime. 🙂
Sunshine and summertime are truly the best. Enjoy your summer!
I think this will keep you busy! Only thing I would add is a coast trip (which may be implied here). Maybe try to go kayaking at the coast? One summer we did a full moon kayak excursion near Cape Meares and camped in a nearby park over the weekend – it was great fun!
Yes! coast trip as well. A full moon kayak excursion sounds amazing! I will have to look into that.
Love this! I was literally just thinking about making a summer bucket list for myself too!
– Elise | http://www.prettyandfun.com
Do it! I love making lists 🙂 It helps me think it through so I am not overwhelmed or worried about missing things.
your gorgeous photo reminds me of our waterfall hikes at the columbia gorge while visiting oregon, so stunning!!
The Gorge has the best waterfalls! I just love it.
Danielle Greco says
Sounds like such a fun summer! I want to hike a lot too 🙂 it’s so peaceful and a great workout! Love this post, thanks for more ideas
Danielle | AccordingtoD.com
It is very peaceful. Sometimes you just need to get out and think about nothing but the next step in front of you.
This is great! I would add…
+ a suspended bridge hike like drift creek falls
+ a high bridge adventure like vance Creek Bridge before its gone!
+ camping out at a fire lookout like Flag point lookout
+ Backpacking pretty much anywhere in the PNW .. thats on my list
+ my top todo for the summer … rafting with friends and Beer !!
I WANT TO DO ALL OF THIS.
Thanks for the ideas!
Becca Wilson says
Great summer to-do list! I have promised myself that I will do a lot more outside this summer than last year.
YES! Enjoy your summer in the sunshine.
What a fun list! Can’t wait to see what you accomplish this summer!
xx katie // a touch of teal