There goes Summer. Did you see it? I was traveling out pretty quickly. But oh, what a Summer it was!
Since Summer is officially over, it is time for me to revisit my Summer Must-Do List and see what happened. This summer was a busy one. There were only a handful of weekends we were actually home in Portland. And when we were, often we had visitors.
Here is my summer did list:
– All the beer fests – We definitely hit a few of these. Not as many as past summers though – Hike to lots of waterfalls – We hiked to some amazing waterfalls.
– Camping trip with my parents. – Loving this tradition! This year we camped on the McKenzie river east of Eugene. The camp spot was RIGHT on the river. Plus we were close to some good hiking trails and a like to kayak. – Camping trip with friends Some friends dropped out last minute but ‘camping with friend’ still counts right? – Outdoor rock climbing – Cody and I have been climbing a bit this spring but have not gone outdoors until this summer! A fantastic weekend in Washington with friends outdoor climbing. Loved it!
– Edgefield summer concert – Finally did it! I had no idea the size of the Edgefield property. It was impressive and something I want to return to.
– Oneonta Gorge Hike – Still didn’t make it. But I saw pictures of mobs of people all trying to do the hike at once and was turned off…
– Pick berries
Go kayaking – Used my parent’s inflatable kayak when we all went camping on the McKenzie river.
– Go stand-up paddle boarding- Not this summer
– Go scuba diving – One day….
– Enjoy all the patios – Check. Enjoyed every patio I encountered.
– Sunday Parkways – Didn’t make it any of these this year. Too many other things going on.
– Wedding and a long weekend in San Luis Obispo – my cousin got married in June and we are spent 4 days in SLO with my family. It was a relaxing and enjoyable weekend with the whole family.
– Bumbershoot in Seatle – Great way to end the Summer!
Not on the List:
Salmon fishing on the Columbia – Cody and I went out on the Columbia river with Cody from Day One Outdoor and caught some beautiful salmon! We had blast! Highly recommend salmon fishing if you are in Astoria!
Hot Springs – We took an early morning dip at Bagby Hotsprings on a camping trip in July. Every morning should start with natural hotspring baths. Plus we were there before the masses came so we had this area to ourselves.
Visiting new beautiful lakes – Did I add this to the list just so I could post this photo? Maybe. Oregon does have some beautiful lakes! This is Trillium lake with Mt. Hood in the background.